Summary: Mechanic responsible for repairs, installation, monitoring and assembling of mechanical aseptic functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
· Performs all tasks necessary to insure sterility of the process.
· Assemble or install all equipment or any parts necessary in insuring that the system remains sterile.
· Inspects and monitors all aseptic systems while the plant is in operation.
· Must be able to CIP, air test, hydrotest, and sterilize all vessels involving aseptic conditions within the plant, including Fillers, Cold Hold, and the Flash Cooler.
· Cleans, repairs, rebuilds and sterilizes all aseptic pumps and other aseptic equipment, including piping and valves, and possesses the mechanical skills necessary to maintain and repair their associated parts.
· Possesses knowledge of proper pressure settings of associated steam regulator and safety relief valves and understands and can perform the function of steam blocking and chem blocking.
· Possesses knowledge of CIP systems and procedures, including the handling and testing of CIP chemicals.
· Can perform the cleaning, repair, and filling of flash cooler, and cold hold tank, as well as the taking of sterile product samples. Insures all fittings and pumps are checked daily and that proper personnel are notified immediately when problems are noted.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
· Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function Education and/or Experience Related experience and/or training from a technical school, combination of education and experience is considered
Language Skills Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties– Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.